Comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the author of this blog or any guest bloggers. All comments require approval before they are posted, so your comment will not appear immediately, and may in fact, not appear for a day or more.
- No spam.
- No advertising for products, services, blogs, or websites–unless the blog or website is directly related to the post topic, or the general theme of this blog.
- No personal attacks on any named or easily identifiable individual. Some leeway is allowed regarding Mary Baker Eddy or other historical figures who are no longer alive as well as public figures (including Church officials and spokespeople), but if you’re just ranting without a concrete reason, your comment will be edited or it will not be posted.
- Religion is a human idea, and as such it should be scrutinized and criticized freely and as rigorously as possible. However, bigoted attacks on people based on their religious beliefs and/or practices will not be tolerated (for example, if you go on about all Muslims being terrorists, your comment won’t be posted).
- Comments which are proselytizing in nature will not be posted. It’s fine to express that your faith has done wonderful things for you, but do not cross the line of telling everyone they need to follow your religious/spiritual path in order to attain eternal bliss or to avoid eternal damnation.
- Comments that advocate violence will not be posted, and may be reported to the proper authorities. The same goes for threats of any kind.
- Comments with excessive profanity, which does not appear to serve any useful purpose will either be edited or will not be posted. Profanity is like salt: the right amount makes something great; too much is distasteful.
- Racist, misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or any other comments that denigrate or marginalize people based on conditions over which they have no control will not be posted.
- Comments that are rambling and/or off-topic will generally not be posted.
- Comments approved for posting will only be removed at the request of the commenter.
- Comments may be edited for length or content before being posted. Comments that have been edited will be noted as ‘edited’ with a short explanation.
Healthy debate is welcome; so comments supportive of, or in defence of Christian Science or other religions will be posted, as long as they do not violate any of the above-stated rules. However, please be aware that the owner of this blog and/or other readers will likely respond, and they probably won’t be nice about it. Be prepared to intelligently defend your position, and/or have your feelings hurt. Most of the readers of this blog are not fans of Christian Science or religion in general, and some harbour a deep hatred of one or both. Any and all replies that do not violate the above-stated rules (please pay particular attention to rules 3, 4, 6, and 8) will be posted.
This policy is subject to change at any time.
Terms of Service
The written content of this blog (with the exception of guest posts, which are under the sole ownership of their authors) may be shared, quoted, and/or re-blogged with clear attribution given to Emerging Gently and if possible, a link to this blog. Any blog posts re-blogged on this blog belong to the authors of the blogs themselves, and may not be re-distributed or quoted without permission of the blog’s author.
Images appearing in this blog that are credited to Emerging Gently belong to the author of this blog, and may not be reproduced or distributed in any manner whatsoever without the written permission of the author of this blog. The only exception to this term is if the image is part of a blog post that is re-blogged on another blog.
The owner of this blog accepts no responsibility for the content or security practices of any websites or other blogs linked within this blog. Links are provided for reference purposes only, and do not imply any endorsement of the website or blog by the owner of this blog or any other person who posts on this blog. The owner of this blog also does not guarantee that all links are valid at all times. If a link is found to be invalid, please inform the owner via e-mail.
Any images or photographs that appear on this blog are credited to their source (if known). If an image has been incorrectly attributed, or used incorrectly or without the copyright holder’s permission, please inform the owner of this blog via e-mail, and the image will be removed immediately, or desired corrections will be made.
All views expressed in this blog belong to its owner, unless otherwise stated. All views expressed in guest posts belong exclusively to the writer of the post, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the owner of this blog. All views expressed in any comments belong exclusively to the commenters themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of the owner of this blog.
Generally, quoted material or information taken from other sources will be cited in footnotes to each post. When on-line sources are referenced, a link will be provided within the footnote or bibliographic entry. The author of this blog cannot guarantee that all links are valid at all times.
In the case of the works of Mary Baker Eddy, due to the frequency with which they are cited, they will be referenced within the text of the post, referencing only the book name and relevant pages or sections. Full bibliographic information on these works is in the Bibliography page.