The subject and title of this post is inspired by a Facebook page and website I frequent that skewers our former Prime Minister here in Canada, called ShitHarperDid.com. Today, my topic du jour is Sh*t Christian Scientists Say. Perhaps a follow-up post will be something along the lines of Sh*t Christian Scientists Did/Do, however, that one will not be so tongue-in-cheek funny as this post is. Some of the sh*t Christian Scientists have done is truly terrible. Anyway, read on, dear readers…
Many thanks to the members of the ex-Christian Scientists Facebook group for their contributions to this post. Here goes:
- “I knew the truth….and there were my keys! Right on top of the car. Divine Love led the way. I’m so grateful for Christian Science!”
- “What a wonderful demonstration.”
- “A beautiful ‘unfoldment’.” So–did the sheets ‘unfold’ beautifully?
- “This is an opportunity for spiritual growth.” I often heard this statement, or a version of it, used in connection with talking about something challenging or unpleasant.
- “I remember I was never allowed to say I was sick. I may have had a ‘belief of sickness’, or was simply not feeling my best, but sick? Never.”
- “Let’s pray about it and see how things unfold.” I once prayed for my sheets to unfold…
- “We just need to ‘demonstrate supply.'”
- “Reverse the picture.” Is that the same as backing up your car?
- “Claim your rightful heritage.”
- “Happy Progress Day…we mustn’t think materially…”
- “We’ll just pray for the ‘rightness’ of this idea.”
- “If mortal mind knew better, it would do better.”
- “That wasn’t me correcting you. It was Divine Mind.” (said after having made a critical or unkind comment).
- “Sorry, that wasn’t the real me, that was mortal mind being an asshole.”
- “I’m suffering from a seeming belief in [insert name of disease here].”
- “Unfoldment, unfoldment, unfoldment!”
- “The right job/opportunity will unfold for me.” Truth be told, this is one I remember saying when I was unemployed.
- “It’s just error or mortal mind!”